Petr Baron, CEO of tbi bank
Petr Baron is CEO of tbi, the challenger bank that is one of the most profitable in Southeastern Europe. In this episode, Petr talks about:
- The importance of authenticity
- Seeing the teacher in everyone
- Algorithms and hacks that free him up to create value
- Protecting ourselves from digital noise
- Seeking out problem-solving partners
- Ways in which banks need to change
Petr belongs to a new wave of entrepreneurial bankers leveraging deep knowledge of the financial ecosystem. In a career spanning over 20 years, he's held a variety of senior banking roles across Europe, culminating in leading tbi for the past seven years.
With a customer base of two million, tbi is a mobile-first challenger bank in Southeastern Europe and a regional leader in alternative payment solutions. It focuses on helping SMEs grow their businesses and making consumers' lives easier through innovative financial products.